Is the Manosphere Devolving into a Mass of Followers and Do-Nothing Complainers
It’s hard to break the mold.
Even a segment of the Internet dedicated to waking men up en masse is now populated by many who will do just about anything to defend the status quo. It seems complaining and hurling insults online, putting blind faith in politicians, or putting a man’s testes in a legal vice grip (marry ‘er and flawlessly game ‘er) and hoping for the best are the only accepted solutions.
Anything else, anything original, any risk-taking is off the table. Once again, Stefan Molyneux’s Human Farm analogy applies:
If you can get the cows to attack each other whenever anybody brings up the reality of their situation, then you don’t have to spend nearly as much controlling them directly.
This is exactly what happens whenever outside the box thinking occurs. And it could be the reason nothing will ever change. Because many men want to keep doing the same thing. Not having a security blanket – even if that blanket is a mirage – terrifies them.
Cows Attacking Each Other
Each time a man steps out of line, there will a small but vocal brigade of screeching, online hooligans wielding figurative pitchforks to try and force him back into the fold. Witness, a humble write up encouraging men to seek their own definition of freedom and to develop a passion for living. There was also a personal story about how the author was forging his own destiny, free of the corporate plantation. Attacks generally fell into these categories.
- You are not “being responsible” so you need to “man up” and settle for whatever the system gives you.
- You are not “being a man” by refusing to put up with the shabby treatment society gives you.
- A misplaced sense of “honor” is more important than realizing you’ve been fucked on a deal in which the terms were part of a bait and switch job, i.e. the vaunted but now worthless education you sacrificed for, so lube it up and continue bending over the barrel. Do not renege on the contract using legal loopholes the system itself created because “real men” let themselves be taken advantage of.
- You are not following the prescribed life plan, therefore you are a loser for doing what you want rather than what the system commands you to do.
- I am jealous because you are doing the things I only dream of, so I’m going to try and trip you up with endless vivisection and criticism.
- How dare you not wife up an Anglobitch, pucker your asshole and hope for the best as you place yourself into a subservient legal and social role.
- You are not practicing tight enough game. I am a master of game, and if you were a “real man” like me, you’d be doing what I’m doing. (This is a recurring theme.)
The overall message is one that communicates absolute horror that a man has stepped out of line, said “Fuck you!” to the system, and has formulated a concrete plan to not only live abroad at least half the time, but to pay for it with his own labor. All while following the rules of the very system he has eschewed, but using them to his advantage rather than someone else’s.
This reply I posted to one of the commenters also sums up the Beta-tude of a small but vocal minority:
When you make your own definition of getting ahead you have a thousand trolls telling you you’re doing it wrong, get back to the grind, wife up an Anglobitch, practice perfect Game to keep her so you don’t get frivorce raped, and watch her age.
Somehow that’s supposed to save the West.
Fuck that mess.
If all my plans fail, the worst that could happen is going back to a corporate job in the media. An increasingly unstable one with no real future, one might add.
What are we even doing if are intolerant of men who buck the system and try to break free of a design to exploit them? Just airing out grievances and hurling insults online? That wasn’t good enough for this author. It was time to turn the knowledge we’ve gleaned in the manosphere into action.
Cows Attacking Each Other, Part II
Detail 5 ways Anglo women have turned themselves into sex objects through feminism and a rampage ensues in which ad hominems were prevalent, and the White Knight brigade comes out in full force to defend the honor of the warpigs they supposedly want to reform. Attacks generally fell into these categories:
- Go to Wyoming, that’s where the secret stash of quality Anglo women is.
- Go to Utah, that’s where the secret stash of “good Mormon girls” are.
- It’s your fault you found yourself in the middle of a gynocentric culture, so “man up” and “do what’s right” by strapping yourself in for 40+ years of corporate bondage, put a ring on it and hope for the best.
- Our women aren’t that bad. (These guys only say this because they’ve never experienced true femininity.)
- Your game isn’t tight enough. Become a 0.01% gamer and you might have a chance at surviving your subordinate legal and social role in a marriage. (Recurring theme.)
Oh, and never mind this mere sampling of guys who played the marriage game and lost enormous sums of money:
- Mel Gibson’s divorce from Robyn Moore Gibson; cost estimated at $425 million
- Michael Jordan’s divorce from Juanita Jordan, cost $168 million
- Steven Spielberg’s divorce from Amy Irving; cost estimated at $100 million
- Ted Danson’s divorce from Casey Coats; cost estimated at $30 million
- Donald Trump’s divorce from Ivana Trump; cost estimated at $25 million
Not to mention all the countless men you no doubt know who were put through the frivorce meat grinder. I have many personal stories of good men who were frivorce raped by their wives after marriages ranging in length from only a few years to two or three decades. I’d enjoy nothing more than for the supposed Alphas to go tell these guys they weren’t manly enough to keep their wives and didn’t practice game correctly. No doubt, they’d get their lights punched out.
Apparently, there are also some manosphere commentators who are more Alpha than Donald Trump, Micheal Jordan, and Mel Gibson. They’ll be able to thread the needle and keep their wives while these lesser men could not. Hmmm.
It doesn’t take a lot of analysis to realize none of this makes any fucking sense. It’s just a bunch of guys grasping at straws and performing the most incredible mental acrobatics to stay exactly where they are in life.
Short of a full press of the cultural reset button, nothing is going to change.
The ‘Do Nothing and Everything Will Be Fine’ Brigade
Stop with those dangerous thoughts and fall in line!
That sums up the “Do Nothing and Everything Will Be Fine” brigade, who are intolerant of independent lifestyles lived outside The Matrix.
The general consensus among this vocal group is to keep doing what men have been doing, but to expect a different result this time. That’s the very definition of insanity. What has the commentary taught me? That at times, we in the manosphere, the ones who put our asses on the line seem to be living out this scene from The Matrix:
The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you’re inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.
It would seem that’s the case with a certain segment of the manosphere. This is exactly what type of commentary follows many articles, not just my articles – men fighting to protect the system, no matter how rotten it might be. Men trying to tear others down for refusing to play along with a system that consumes a man and doles out little material rewards in exchange for all the hours of his life.
This sacrifice might have been acceptable in a time when a man was guaranteed a loyal wife and family by society, but we aren’t playing that game anymore. Feminism and liberalism changed all that. They were collectively Pandora’s Box and there’s no real way to put the genie back in the bottle. We are just playing out the string until it all comes down.
There are those of us who refuse to keep doing what men have been doing. We will be the lightning rods for criticism from the timid, who seek the comfort and security having a subordinate role in society provides them.
Rather than chasing the carrot on a stick retirement plan, since I was so burned by the carrot on a stick rubber stamp plan, I will live the words of Errol Flynn: Any man who dies with more than $10,000 to his name is a failure. I’m going to live while I’m alive. Not pickle myself and hope I’ll still be crispy at age 65. Or 67. Or 70. Or whatever the retirement age is in the near future.
Let the attacks commence. I’m not going to change my message.
Help us grow by making a purchase from our Recommended Reading and Viewing page or our Politically Incorrect Apparel and Merchandise page or buy anything from Amazon using this link. You can also Sponsor The New Modern Man for as little as $1 a month.