Why MGTOW is So Important
Men Going Their Own Way, or MGTOW, is an important group connected with the ongoing male awakening and enlightenment of the early 21st century. It is a men’s movement with an admirable and moral objective, as defined by MGTOW.com:
MGTOW is a statement of self-ownership, where the modern man preserves and protects his own sovereignty above all else. It is the manifestation of one word: “No”. Ejecting silly preconceptions and cultural definitions of what a “man” is. Looking to no one else for social cues. Refusing to bow, serve and kneel for the opportunity to be treated like a disposable utility. And, living according to his own best interests in a world which would rather he didn’t.
As women craved liberation, so do men crave liberation in the 21st century. With the rise of feminism disguised as women’s liberation, women didn’t just walk out the door on traditions and family, they collectively broke the door off its hinges and threw it away. But, they left men behind and told them don’t you dare walk out same door.
Fifty years later men do not enjoy self-ownership, we are for all intents and purposes owned by women and society. Traditionally, for our peaceful participation in society and going along with its schemes, men have been awarded control and decision-making status over women, family and society. This has been loosely defined as a social contract in civilized societies from Greece and Rome to present day Western society. The crucial part of this “social contract” that statists are so fond of referring to, was that for participating in society, being subjected to its legal demands, and supporting it, men received certain incentives. These incentives include:
- Culturally and legally enforced female monogamy
- Guaranteed paternity
- Decision making authority as the head of the household
- Exclusive sexual access to a wife, i.e. a virgin bride
- As house-band (husband) culturally and legally enforced obligation for wives to remain in the relationship (i.e. no flightiness or “finding herself”)
- Culturally and legally enforced responsibility for women to be good mothers
- As defined in the Christian bible, the responsibility of a woman to respect and obey her husband
In exchange for these accommodations, men were expected to give their lives and their labor for the protection and benefit of their wives, families, and communities. However, since feminism the incentives for men to go along with the deal have been removed, while the demands for men to sacrifice their lives and their labor for the benefit of society have increased. For example:
- Men are naturally minimalists but we are expected to labor for a waste economy that is 80% fueled by female materialism
- Women can walk out of marriages at any time and for any reason, but men must bear the financial burden of their decisions in the family court system
- When divorcing, women are viewed as being destitute by the court system and not the archetypal Strong, Empowered Woman™
- Feminism and carouseling has made the ideal of a virgin bride laughable
- As women push men out of the workforce they are destroying male utility value, making them undesirable to women because of Briffault’s Law
- Women do not respect and obey men, in fact feminism has made this concept laughable
These terms of the social contract and others were altered without asking men if they agreed to the terms. The liberation of women from the terms of the deal outlined above is today taken for granted, but men are still expected to adhere the old terms. This is an untenable situation. This mistreatment of men is what led to Men Going Their Own Way.
Breaking Up with Society and Its Demands
Today, the remaining rights men have are being steadily dwindled down to a choice between Coca-Cola and Pepsi, McDonald’s or Burger King, and Republicrat or Demican. This is why MGTOW is admirable. Men who have no incentives to go along with a social system that has thown them overboard have the option to:
- Refuse to allow women or society to define male worth
- Refuse to compete for careers that favor women and feed materialism
- Opt out of dating
- Pursue only sexual pleasure from women
- Take care of only themselves, often downshifting to a minimalistic lifestyle
- Shun society as a whole (ghosting)
These ideals are the equivalent of writing a breakup letter to society, and the beginning of men pursuing their own goals and happiness in life, without asking permission. Men are deciding to live for themselves, as women have already been doing for 50 years. Many in society are not going to be happy with this decision, but ultimately the people condemning MGTOWs do not have to life a man’s life, he does, and they’re being hypocritical if they believe women have the right to be empowered and men do not.
The shunning society aspect of MGTOW I totally identify with, and I understand why men are acting on the other bullet points, too. I was totally adrift in Anglo America in my 20s and 30s, and found chasing women to be aggravating after a while since I knew the relationship wasn’t going anywhere. First off, I would not allow myself to be taken advantage of by her or the court system. Second, women are not suitable for marriage or family in Anglo America anymore. Third, I got tired of being a clown and the male equivalent of a traveling troupe of entertainers just to spark her interest. Picking women up amounted to a lot of work for a wet hole, and that kind of life was not very fulfilling after a while even though I was successful at it. For this reason, I understand why so many MGTOWs give up on women even though I never could. My best friend tries to quit women but he often regresses back into pump and dumps with them.
I decided being a clown for women so I could get laid just wasn’t good enough, emboldened by the idea of going my own way in life. Since leaving the poisonous culture of Anglo America for more traditional Latin America I can both assure you the culture has a lot to do with the decline of the quality of women, and inform you it was worth leaving, at least for me. In fact, I made this observation on a message board:
This small island I am on has not been infested with the hemlock of feminism yet. In many ways, it reminds me how men and women used to act when I was growing up. Maybe that’s why I love it so much. Things make sense to me here. Comparing and contrasting between here and present day dystopian America makes me violently angry at what has been done to us as a nation and a people.
I decided to say hell no to a game that had so manipulated the odds there was no possibility for me to get anything out of it than exploitation of my labor and my life. But, we are only beginning to realize the power a decision like this brings to men.
Taking the Next Steps
Without the bold message of saying “No!” to women and society MGTOWs preach, I would have never realized the freedom and happiness I have now. Here are some other ways we can apply the wisdom of MGTOWs to society to level the playing field so men are not regularly taken advantage of. If women want to get equality on, let’s not play around, let’s get it on:
- Custody: Eliminate female preference in the family court system, with either a 50/50 chance of custody in all cases or shared custody and the end of forced wealth transfers i.e. child support
- Education: Abolish co-ed schooling, adopt single-sex schooling so boys can be turned into strong men rather than weak manlets
- Employment: Demand women share the responsibilities of society by imposing quotas requiring them to participate in dirty, hazardous, and physically demanding jobs
- Violence: Violence against men is often depicted as humorous the media, this form of sexism must be ended. Men must be able to file suit for emotional and physical duress in court, just as women enjoy today.
At the end of the day, what MGTOW is ultimately about is male empowerment. It is about the freedom and the power to do whatever we want, female and societal expectations be damned. In other words, women told men they can do whatever the hell they want with women’s lib. Men must do the same to balance the scales, and we must be ruthless about it.
After learning it is not up to women or society to judge my self-worth but it’s up to me, my life changed in ways I never would have imagined. I’m out of debt, I have freedom, I left the corporate plantation to pursue work that is more satisfying but doesn’t make as much money such as running this blog, and I am off the materialism treadmill for the first time ever. I also refused a man-hating culture and defected to a culture that still affords men a role in society.
I never completely gave up on women as I enjoy the physical side of life too much…I mean what is there to live for without sex is my personal philosophy. I just got better with manipulating women instead of being manipulated by them, and better at controlling my emotions with them, as well as knowing when to walk out when the situation is not working to my advantage. As simple as all this sounds, it goes against everything men are conditioned to do by Anglo society. That is why MGTOW will always be important to me. I changed courses and now it’s all about me, which is how a lifetime of experience and misadventures with women taught me to be.
There is nothing wrong with a man living his life as he see fits, free of the impositions and demands ungrateful women and society make on him. For me, MGTOW meant going my own way right on outside the Matrix with a one-way plane ticket into the arms of Latinas.
This brings us back to why the movement is important. The most concise definition of MGTOW is the refusal of male slavery. No longer will we be faceless, nameless drones whose only purpose is being utilities to be used and consumed by women.
Help us grow by making a purchase from our Recommended Reading and Viewing page or our Politically Incorrect Apparel and Merchandise page or buy anything from Amazon using this link. You can also Sponsor The New Modern Man for as little as $1 a month.